Wednesday, November 19, 2014

November 19

Today was something of a crazy weather day. The hours were filled with a succession of raindrops, clouds, and sunbursts. I spent plenty of time looking for that elusive rainbow, and as I waited outside for Abby's parent/teacher conference to begin, it finally showed up in extraordinarily grand fashion.

I've spent some time on both Maui and Kaua'i, so I've seen my share of rainbows, but this may well have been the biggest, most brilliant one I'd ever seen. It literally sparkled as a fine mist fell all around, and the vibrancy of its color was incredible.

Waiting to see that rainbow was kind of like waiting to see Heaven, in a way. I knew I'd see it eventually, and when it arrived, it absolutely, positively exceeded my expectations with its grandeur.

And for that... I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment