Thursday, November 27, 2014

November 27

We went for another walk this morning before heading out to Thanksgiving dinner. As we went along our way, I noticed these orange flowers and how the necks bent so the sweet little faces could look upward toward the sun. I kept walking at first, but turned back to take this picture (via Adam's phone, since my battery had gone kaput).

I was struck by how smart they are to look toward the sun. Almost all flowers do it; they instinctively (inasmuch as flowers have instincts, of course) seek the sun -- the source of heat and light and, to them, goodness.

It reminded me that we're supposed to have a similar relationship with God; we're supposed to look up toward Him and rely on Him to be our warmth, light, and goodness. And on a day like this one, it's important to be mindful of that, to actually do that, and to be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment