Monday, November 3, 2014

November 3

Abby turned 10 years old today. Ten! Double digits!

She started her day by going to school and running the mile for PE. And then, in typical Abby fashion, she changed into a sparkly party dress for the rest of the school day. And I love that about her.

I love a lot of things about her. I love how she likes sparkles and how she may be able to resist laughing aloud when she finds something funny, but she can't hide her enthusiasm because her eyes dance anyway. I love how she understands and embraces sarcasm.

And I love it --my heart surges with pride-- every time someone calls her my mini-me. I don't feel like I've done a lot of purely right things in my lifetime, but being her mom is most definitely one of those things. Happy big #10, girl of mine. May God guide and bless and keep you this year and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment