Sunday, November 30, 2014

November 30

After dinner, Abby wanted to do something fun so she decided we'd all (well, most of us would) make gingerbread men (or girls). So she drew outlines for me and herself while Isaac and Brady made their own outlines and filled them in.

I'm routinely struck by their unique perspectives and opinions, and when I look at their artwork, it's kind of like looking at those differences laid out in tangible form. Abby with her attention to detail and girly flair, Isaac with his dedication to the traditional (and his desire to include everyone-- he's holding both his own picture as well as mine even though no one asked him to do so), and Brady... well, Brady's gingerbread man looks kind of like a green monster, so I'll just note his love of green. Green monsters. (But not the Red Sox. I can't have anyone thinking that.)

I treasure those differences, and I also treasure the moments when they all come together to fulfill a common goal because teamwork is a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment