Friday, November 28, 2014

November 28

Today was pleasantly plump with activity. Abby and I got up (at a sane hour! I'm not one of those wack-o-paths who rises long before the sun comes up) and went out to do a little casual Black Friday shopping. Then we met her friend Bridget and her mom for lunch before we headed home, where we found Adam and the Little Boys putting out our lights and lawn decorations. Then we headed to a tree lot, chose the perfect-for-us Christmas tree, and came home again to put it up.

(Here we are at the tree lot.)

Then we closed out the day by watching "Home Alone." The kids went to bed a few hours ago, but I can still hear their laughter ringing in my memory.

I absolutely love it when "busy" days double as "good" days. So often I think we find ourselves so overwhelmed by the hustle and bustle of the holiday season that we forget to step back and enjoy the moments -- even the nutty ones. I think we all like --and at least occasionally crave-- quiet, easy times, but we miss out when we fail to appreciate the fast lane times, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment