Saturday, November 29, 2014

November 29

We decorated our Christmas tree this afternoon. I'm something of an ornament addict so I own quite a few of them, and I don't use every single one every year. In fact, sometimes several years will pass before I'll open a given box. So I was gratified when the box that I randomly chose to open first held this and a number of previously unopened ornaments dated 2006.

That particular year is of significance because it's the year of Logan's birth. Opening those boxes of fresh ornaments that I bought when he was just a little baby was such a gift to me; it was almost like unsealing a time capsule. It made it feel like he was right there with us, pushing the buttons on the mechanical ones and dancing with the music playing in the background and laughing with Abby, Isaac, and Brady as they decorated the tree together. For that gift, I'm grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment