Thursday, November 6, 2014

November 6

I was working on a project this evening so I was only peripherally paying attention when Abby dropped a homemade envelope addressed to "Mrs. Sherry Wight, Family Room, Armchair" beside my hand. When I opened it, I was immediately humbled and gratified by the letter (or perhaps I should call it a proclamation) I found inside:

Everyone has an opinion about everyone else's parenting styles. It's true. Whether or not we're willing to admit it to ourselves, we all silently judge one another in one way or another.

But even with that truth in play, the only opinions that I want to care about are those of God and of my family. So Abby's little stamp of approval was a lovely way to bring my day to a close, and an even lovelier way to show that I'm doing something right with the kids. Her willingness to express thanksgiving to others and to express appreciation is a gift to me. (And the Lego trophy is pretty rockin', too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment