Saturday, December 12, 2015

December 12

The blitz of Christmas-related fun continued today. This morning, Abby and Brady worked on their own gingerbread houses and a little later, Isaac joined them to decorate gingerbread cookies. Then this evening, we headed to Adam's parents' house to celebrate Christmas (and Brady's 5th birthday, which is in two days) with his immediate family. There was a bit of a lull between the birthday celebration and dinner, and most of us sat around talking. At one point, I looked around and realized Abby wasn't in the room, so I went looking for her.

After some wandering, I found her in the living room, gazing at the Christmas tree.

I love the tranquility of this scene. I love the soft glow of the lights on the tree and the little nativity scene in the middle and the pile of gifts and her pensive expression. It encapsulates the wonder of Christmas, I think. And to me, seeing that sweet innocence in the flesh is a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment