Saturday, December 26, 2015

December 26

The day after Christmas has historically involved a rather lengthy shopping outing, but this year, I played it quite small. Abby and I went out this morning, but only for an hour or two and only to a single destination. Then we headed back to grandma's, took a rest, and then all of us went over to my brother's house for brunch. (Well, it was brunch if an early-afternoon meal consisting of all breakfast foods qualifies as brunch. I say it does.) My Aunt Barbara, Uncle Frank, cousin Steve, and his daughter Helena made the trip over from the Eastern Shore to join the rest of us, and I think we all had a nice time chatting for a few hours. And of course, there was a helping of silliness, too.

The kiddos love my younger brother Charlie. He has a way with them --probably the "I have no kids of my own so I can rile 'em up and then leave!" way-- and they can't get enough of his brand of uncle-y humor. I can still remember him introducing my kids to the now time-tested concept of the Diaper Fight when Abby, Logan, and Isaac were younger (which, if you're as curious as I'm guessing, involves throwing unused diapers at each other until you either run out or dissolve into giggle fits. It's not even remotely gross).

So yeah, seeing them all have a good time with him and remembering some of our sillier moments as kids ourselves are both blessings to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment