Monday, December 7, 2015

December 7

As much as I love the glow of colored Christmas lights and singing carols and re-telling the story of Jesus' birth, the holiday season is tinged with pain for me. The ache of Logan's absence isn't something that ever goes away, and though I've grown accustomed to coping with it, the sense of loss strengthens as each year draws to a close. So I admit that I've been feeling sad and disconnected from God lately because it's really, really hard to not be bitter over what happened. But because regardless of how I'm feeling, God is always working behind the scenes, and I got a nice little surprise this afternoon.

When I picked Brady up from preschool, his teacher --who was also Abby, Logan, and Isaac's teacher-- pulled me aside and handed me a bag from Disneyland. She explained that her recent trip to Cars Land made her think of Logan, and that she'd gotten something for us. I opened the bag when I got home, and found this ornament inside. She included a beautiful inscription on the bottom, too.

I'm so thankful that she remembers him and that she chose to honor his memory, and I'm thankful to God for amazing people like her who have worked --and will continue to work-- with my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment