Tuesday, December 29, 2015

December 29

I've said it before and it continues to be true: I'm not exactly a natural when it comes to relating to women. It's always embarrassing to admit that, but it's true that it's always been a bit easier for me to interact with guys. So our little girls' shopping trip this morning was both a challenge (but in a good sense!) and a blessing to me.

Bright and early (okay, well, cloudy and around 9 AM) this morning my mom, my sister-in-law, Abby, my niece and I hit the road to visit the American Girl store in northern Virginia. We wandered around the store, and then hit a few other shops in the mall before we headed to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch. It was nice to have some time to just sit and talk (and to watch the cousins interact, given how infrequently they see one another). The hours I have with my extended family are so limited that every minute is a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment