Wednesday, December 30, 2015

December 30

Predictably, sadness creeps into my heart as our Maryland trips wind down. They're infrequent and I'm increasingly conscious of how quickly time passes. No matter how long we stay, it never feels like enough and I always head to the airport feeling like I've missed seeing someone or haven't spent enough time with someone else. But we tried to make the best of today --our next to last day here-- by doing some packing and shipping a box home, having lunch at Jerry's one more time, heading to my mom's house to sit with her fiance (who is battling cancer and in need of quite a lot of care) while she ran some errands, and having dinner at my brother's house.

Despite the general busy-ness of today and other days during our trip, I've spent more time than usual thinking of Logan. I mean, I think of him every single day, multiple times a day --I wonder what he's doing, what he'd be doing if he were still with us, if he knows how much we miss him, what he'd think of me interviewing famous people-- but he's on my mind more often during holiday seasons throughout the year. So today, when I turned on Cars for Isaac and Brady at mom's house, this sight made me think of him all the more:

I think those cars with faces (as he called them) will always be synonymous with my Sunshine; my heart and mind will always automatically tie the two together. So whenever I get to see his siblings watching his movie and enjoying that particular tale, I view it as a special gift. And I suspect I always will.

No comments:

Post a Comment