Wednesday, December 16, 2015

December 16

Today was a busy day, but also a blessed one. So I'm cheating and using more than one pic, since I didn't feel right about choosing one over the other.

The first image is of Abby and her swimming teacher, Mr. C. Today marked the final day of the quarter, so Mr. C pressed her to go for her medal, which, in short, meant she had to swim 14 laps across the pool and complete a kick turn. Entering the class, she was nervous and wasn't sure she could do it. But she did, and if possible, I think Mr. C was more excited than Abby was when she received that medal. After class ended and she was off taking her shower, I told him that she'd enjoyed her time with him and he, in turn, shared that she'd been his favorite student of the quarter. He even said that they clicked so well that he'd come in for a half-hour block just to teach her. It means so much to me to know that Abby's teachers enjoy having her in class. It's huge, really. But beyond all of that, in the car, as we drove away, she explained that she'd been able to finish her laps because before she started, she prayed and asked God to help her to do. She was convinced that He'd done just that. I'm so thankful that she recognizes and acknowledges her blessings like that! So that's number one.

Photo two is of Brady in his angel costume. Tonight the preschool held their annual Christmas play, Around Back. Brady and his classmates were, of course, angels. I felt a twinge of sadness as I sat there watching him sing; after all, he's my caboose. But it was a gift to see one of my children in that sweet play once again, and for that blessing, I'll always be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment