Friday, December 4, 2015

December 4

I went to an actual social gathering this evening and had the best time.

It was technically a cookie exchange, but my friend V did an incredible job of putting together an amazing spread of appetizers. And as terrific as the food was, it was really the conversation that made the night. After a few people had left, us stragglers pulled some chairs into a circle and just talked about whatever came to mind. And let me tell you something: when it's 10 PM and you're part of a group of moms, a lot of really, really random subjects arise, from the life expectancy of the standard guinea pig to endless streams of vomit stories. (Sorry V.)

I adore my family, but it was a huge blessing to me to be able to spend time with my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment