Thursday, December 31, 2015

December 31

I started this blog three years ago tomorrow in an effort to change my perspective following Logan's passing. I felt my faith slipping and growing cold, and I wanted to make a conscious effort to find God in every single day. Somehow, I've done just that for the past three calendar years. And here we are, facing the start of yet another new year.

We finished up our 2015 in simple fashion: we had lunch with my very old and dear friend Gretchen and her family, and then spent the rest of the day packing and organizing and getting ready to head back to the west coast tomorrow morning.

(Clockwise from left... Gretchen and I; the kiddos and I on grandma's porch this afternoon --the first and only quasi-sunny day of our trip!; a great-grandma (age 93)/Brady (age 5) selfie; and our Ledo pizza dinner this evening.)

Once again, I couldn't limit myself to just one photo. I can see a blessing in every single moment; in getting together with a sweet friend I rarely see. In sitting with my own kids in a spot where I once sat as a child, looking out at a scene that's still very much the same but also different in striking ways. In the funny moment that saw a little kid ask to take a selfie with someone who doesn't even use a computer. And in family togetherness. They're all God moments, of course, because if this project of mine has taught me anything at all, it's that God is in absolutely everything, in one way or another. It's merely up to us to see Him there.

So to my friends: happy new year. Blessings to you all for peace, contentment, personal growth, and a God-wink filled 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment