Saturday, December 5, 2015

December 5

After lunch today, Abby asked if we could go to Hobby Lobby to look around, so we did just that. As we wandered around the store, she announced that she wanted to make Brady a pillow for his birthday. She really enjoyed making a Bob the Tomato pillow in home ec last month, and was eager to tackle another project. So she picked some Cars fabric and stuffing, and we headed on home. This evening, she put it together.

Given how frequently she complains about Brady and Isaac, I was surprised that she wanted to make such a sweet gift for one of them. And after she finished it, I checked it out and was impressed with the stitching and with her attitude when she asked, very sincerely, if I thought he would like it.

She may be surly and temperamental at times, but underneath it all, that girl has a good heart, and I'm thankful for the moments when I can clearly see God's continuing work in her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment