Sunday, December 6, 2015

December 6

For a long while, I was a nailbiter. I stopped cold turkey when I got engaged in 2002, but started up again when we found out Logan was sick. It takes conscious effort for me to keep my fingers out of my mouth, but lately, I've done a decent job of it.

I'm not a particularly glitzy person. In fact, I only bother to put on make-up maybe once a week (if even that frequently). But I do love to paint my nails (when I actually have nails to paint). So tonight, it was a blessing to me --and it made my heart smile-- to put on this happy, sparkly, golden coat of cheer. Believe it or not, the sparkles make me think of light and brightness which make me think of Logan which in turn makes me think of Heaven. And those are very good things.

No comments:

Post a Comment