Tuesday, December 22, 2015

December 22

Today was a mostly quiet one. We visited with my long-time friend Jen and her youngest child this morning and into the afternoon (thanks again!). The kids had fun in her basement with the foosball table and we had some nice time to chat upstairs, away from the madness. (The wonders of having a basement!) Then we came back to grandma's house, and Adam took off to do some last bits of shopping. While he was gone, I took the kiddos outside to get some much-needed exercise.

Isaac devoted himself fully to the task (as he always does when athletic pursuit is involved), and circled the loop more than 70 times before he decided he was finished. Abby, who'd discovered my stash of original My Little Ponies in the basement, took a break from restoring her treasures to their original glory to join us for a few minutes, and Brady --who's still recovering from his sinus infection-- completed a few laps.

It was a lot of fun for me to watch them, since I can so clearly remember walking around that circle with my grandma and biking around with my brother when I was young. Nostalgic feelings are blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment