Monday, April 10, 2017

April 10

This is an accurate illustration of many afternoons at my house:

It goes something like this: child C urges Child D to stuff himself into something small (and ostensibly uncomfortable). Child D complies and then flashes his biggest smile and asks me to take a picture. While I retrieve my phone, Children C and A, who have been lurking all along, get ready to photobomb Child D's requested image. They execute said photobomb with a high degree of excellence, and Child D gets mad and requests that I try again. So I do, again and again, and Children A and C again dive into the frame again and again --despite my insistence that they just-stop-it-already-and-let-me-take-the-dang-picture-- until I'm finally, at long last, able to capture the coveted shot. It's kind of exhausting.

But in many ways, that's just life. We work hard to establish the perfect scene and strive to take the perfect picture, but something unexpected almost always winds up in the frame. But you know what? That's totally okay, because sometimes, the very best photos of all feature people, places, and experiences that we never imagined. And ironically, sometimes those big, unexpected surprises wind up being the perfect additions to our photos and make the entire album infinitely better and more complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment