Wednesday, April 5, 2017

April 5

It's not every day that a girl gets to help one of her besties celebrate her 13th birthday. It's really not every day that the celebrating happens at Disneyland, so Abby was thrilled to be able to do just that for Hannah today. (There will be multiple children displeased by the use of this image, but eh, it's my blog. I can do what I want.)

Like I said, Hannah was one of Abby's in-person best friends before her family moved down to southern CA. Abby was sad when she left, but she was super happy to see her again today. They got to chat, be goofy, ride the swings in CA Adventure (several times), and take a roller coaster ride (which, incidentally, was a first for both Hannah and her brother). (Big Thunder. Some were more pleased than others with the experience, but I was greatly amused by the whole thing.) Then we closed out their time together with the big fireworks show over Cinderella's castle.

It's definitely hard when friends move away, but I feel so blessed that Abby and Hannah have managed to stay close despite the distance. Good friends can be hard to find, and I'm thankful that they "found" one another all those years ago.

1 comment: