Friday, April 7, 2017

April 7

After a week in Southern California, we had breakfast and then headed home this morning. But before we really hit the road, we stopped by my brother Charlie's place in Los Angeles for a quick visit.

When we were kids, Charlie and I were, in many ways, best frenemies. We spent plenty of time making up stories and playing games and riding bikes and putting on plays for anyone willing to watch, and also plenty of time bickering (like siblings often do) and getting on each others' nerves. As adults living in different places and leading different lives, our paths don't cross often, so I try to take advantage of opportunities for in-person visits.

So we sat and talked a little, and he managed to convince one of his two cats (Needles) to let us pet him. And then it was time for us to begin our trip home.

I guess I don't have any big insights to share; only the obvious truth that family is a blessing. I know those relationships can be taxing at time, but in the long run, the connections are so often worth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment