Sunday, April 16, 2017

April 16

Once upon a time, Easter centered around a frilly new dress, the insanely good chocolate peanut butter eggs that my grandma made, and a basket containing a new book and some candy. Now don't get me wrong: I grew up in a Christian home and can't pinpoint a specific date when it really clicked that Jesus saved me. But I know when the resurrection became real to me: February 11, 2012. The day that Jesus' promise to deliver Logan from his sin was fulfilled.

Although I'd trade just about anything to have him back with us, I live because of Easter. I get up every morning and rejoice in the sunshine or the rain because of Easter. I get dressed, take the kids to school, and complete work assignments because of Easter. I'm goofy and sarcastic and often upbeat because of Easter. I enjoy time with my friends because of Easter. I get through most days without shedding tears over what I've lost because of Easter. I know that though I can't see or hug or watch Logan grow up, he's safe, and he's safe because of Easter.

I can do these things because Easter gave me --and Logan and all who name Christ as Lord-- life everlasting and the promise of a future beyond what I can see and smell and hear and touch and understand. And for that blessing, I am --and will continue to be-- eternally thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment