Saturday, April 15, 2017

April 15

It was a really nice day that began with lunch and, shortly after, Brady's tball game. Then Isaac's team won their baseball game after all of the boys played well. (Isaac went 2-for-3 and had some good defensive plays.) They've had their struggles of late, so it made my heart happy to see them smile and genuinely celebrate the little things they did well. Later, Adam and I had a chance to go out to dinner on our own, and we ended the day by dyeing Easter eggs.

Well, to be accurate, I boiled the eggs, set up the dye and the dyeing station at the coffee table, and then the kiddos dyed the eggs. (Details, details.) Like the Easter Bunny picture, it's one of our Easter traditions and they'd been looking forward to it all week.

I can remember way back when, when Logan was right there with them making a mess with the dye and cackling and having a good time as he so often did. I wish with everything in me that he was still here to entertain us once again, but the memories make me smile. And for now, the memories have to be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment