Tuesday, April 18, 2017

April 18

I had a lovely time at lunch with a friend today, but rather than sharing about that experience --because I could totally do that-- I'll just touch on a portion of it.

Her birthday was a few weeks ago, so I plunked a little gift down on the table for her, but I wasn't expecting her to do the same for me:

I know, a tube of mascara. It seems entirely random. But it wasn't. We'd been discussing the merits of waterproof mascara for months; I kept saying that I should get some, but was waiting to use the last of the non-waterproof tube I already had.

What she didn't know was that yesterday, I all-but finished the last of that tube: there wasn't much left, and what was left had gotten to that kind of "yuck" phase. Afterward, during my Target run with Abby, I was all set to replace it, but my arms were too full of other stuff --since I'm incredibly stubborn and will.not use a cart when I shop there-- so after a quick glance in the appropriate aisle, I said "never mind; I'll just get it another day."

Kind of funny, right? I thought so. I love it when God gives us friends to fill in the blanks, even when the blanks are made for completely silly little things. (And knowing that your friends think of you sometimes when you're apart? That's kind of nice, too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment