Tuesday, April 11, 2017

April 11

Although the passage of time isn't as acutely painful as it was a few years ago, I'm usually conscious of when another 11th of the month rolls around. And there have now been 62 11ths since Logan flew away Home.

Despite that rather sobering bit of 411, I can honestly say that it was a good day sprinkled with genuinely enjoyable moments that still make me laugh a little when I think back on them. Still, even as I settled into my spot on the couch this evening, I had no idea what to write... until Brady came downstairs a little while ago.

This kiddo of mine loves crafting and creating, so I wasn't terribly surprised to see that he'd drawn on a pair of paper plates. As he flipped them over, he offered an explanation: he'd created a star, just because he thought it would be a good idea, and Lightning McQueen. For Logan.

I looked over at Adam and his expression mirrored the one I could feel in my own heart. I love that Brady loves his biggest brother. He may not have gotten the chance to know him in this life, but I'm thankful that one day, they'll meet again face-to-face.

No comments:

Post a Comment