Thursday, April 27, 2017

April 27

Brady and I watched a snail travel a foot across our driveway this morning. (I know. Glamorous.)

It was a lovely day out and we had some time to use up before kindergarten, so I encouraged him to crouch down and observe the little guy as he moved along. It actually was quite interesting; he worked and worked and made very little progress --it actually took seven minutes and 30 seconds to travel those 12 inches-- but he just kept creeping along.

I definitely feel like a snail sometimes; like I'm working harder than my outward accomplishments might indicate. But also like Mr. Snail, I try to keep moving even when the path isn't entirely clear or obvious. I have many (many, many) flaws, but I'm thankful that God gave me a sense of stick-to-it'iveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment