Tuesday, April 25, 2017

April 25

Sometimes, when I feel overwhelmed, I just go ahead and throw the kitchen sink into the mix. That's kind of what I did when I volunteered to go on Isaac's field trip this morning. It was a simple enough trip: just a quick drive downtown, a stop at the Museum on Main Street to hear about town history, and then an easy walking tour that featured several historical buildings. This is our little group:

I've been on all of the third grade field trips this year, so I've been gifted with the opportunity to get to know several of the kids in Isaac's class, including these two boys, A and P. Simply put, they crack me up. They're intelligent and ask thoughtful questions, and --for the most part!-- they listen to direction and don't act like hooligans (though we did have our moments during today's expedition).

It seems like Abby was in the third grade just yesterday so I know the next several years will fly by, too. It's a blessing to be able to share fun "extra" days with all of my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment