Sunday, December 10, 2017

December 10

We celebrated Christmas a wee bit early with Adam's family today. (Well, with his immediate family. The big family party is next weekend.) After November and December birthdays were honored and dinner was consumed, we began the always exciting gift-giving portion of the program. But first, I took our annual photo. Here's the "serious" version. (There's also a "silly" one.)

When I first looked at the images after we'd dispersed, I was kind of annoyed to find them off-center: I must've knocked the camera between pressing the auto-timer and dashing to my spot. I started to crop it, but stopped when I realized that I'd be cropping out the Nativity scene on the piano. Christmas is about Jesus first and foremost, and it's also about remembering His birth with family and friends. So though this photo is technically imperfect, I love the extra bit of meaning that my little oops provides.

No comments:

Post a Comment