Saturday, December 30, 2017

December 30

We awoke this morning to what I'd call a heavy dusting of snow on the ground, so of course my Northern California-native children couldn't get outside fast enough to frolic.

After throwing snow at each other (and I say "snow" and not "snowballs" because it was most definitely not of the packing variety), running around the circle, and making snow angels, we set off for my brother Bobby's house to make a peppermint cheesecake (the girls) and play video games (the boys. Yes, stereotypical, but totally true).

Then we capped off the day by going to dinner en masse. In a stroke of genius, we had the kids sit at one end of the table and the adults at the other, which meant we could enjoy our southwest burgers and wraps and fish and chips and crab cake sandwiches (since I never miss a chance to have Maryland crab when I'm home -- mmm, mmm, good!) in peace.

All in all, it was a very nice day with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment