Friday, December 15, 2017

December 15

I didn't really notice as the minutes ticked away, but I had multiple opportunities to really laugh today and I actually took advantage of most of them. There were the utterly ridiculous stories that Adam and I read on our respective computers that resulted in breathless guffaws that left my belly sore, and there was this moment, too:

Abby went to her youth group's Ugly Sweater Murder Mystery party this evening. (Apparently that's a thing.) I was really proud of her for going, since she's on the shy side of the scale (very shy, really), her friends weren't going, and she's intimidated by high schoolers. And I was even prouder of her for actually wearing the get-up I got together for her to wear.

She may have resisted taking this picture --and the other more amusing ones in the series-- but she finally did stand still and pose so I could capture the memory. So for her patience with me and for her bravery, I'm thankful and quite proud. (And, of course, endlessly amused.)

No comments:

Post a Comment