Monday, December 25, 2017

December 25

Maryland Christmases are always busy-busy, and the 2017 version of the day upheld that norm in fine fashion. We began our day at my Grandma's house by opening presents and enjoying our customary cinnamon rolls. (Thank you, Pillsbury Dough Boy.) From there we headed to my brother Bobby's place, where we had a delicious brunch prepared by my sister-in-law and then opened presents from my mom. Then it was off to my Aunt Kathy's house, where we spent some time with my dad's side of the family. Then it was back to Bobby's to finish opening gifts (which included a marshmallow gun and mini drones so you can probably guess what happened there), and then finally back to our home base, where some of us promptly fell asleep and others finished hitting her daily step goal by trolling around the house before enjoying a glass of eggnog. I probably took more than 100 pictures, but these more or less sum it all up:

I sometimes lament the fact that I don't have a really tight-knit family, but I have to say that I'm thankful that we have a good time when we all get together. It's a blessing to watch the kiddos play with their cousins and to realize what a natural synergy they actually have when they're together. I always mentally insert Logan into the picture and it will always hurt that he's not here physically, but I know that in a way, he's "here" in his siblings and his cousins. And I also know that thanks to the blessing of Christmas, we'll all be together again one day.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment: