Thursday, December 28, 2017

December 28

Today I got to catch up with my long-time friend Jen and her family. (Abby's not pictured because she was at my brother's house following a sleepover with the cousins.)

We headed over to their house late this morning and had lunch with Jen, John, Katie, Josh, and Matthew. Then the kiddos headed off to play (inside, of course, since today's daytime high was a whopping 20 degrees) while the adults had some time to talk.

I met Jen quite a long time ago, back when we rode the bus to junior high (and high school; she was two years ahead of me). (Though she would argue that she 'met' me in elementary school when I read more books than her during a read-a-thon. But that's neither here nor there.) Anyway, I always enjoy visiting her when I come back home. She has a great heart and an even greater faith, and I'm so thankful that we're still in touch --even if we only touch base every now and then-- because long-term friends are truly like gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment