Sunday, August 2, 2020

August 1

I began my day in California and am ending it in Maryland. Here's a visual representation of said reality, as my kiddos gathered to say farewell and my brother Bobby welcomed me by trying to shove a finger up my nose (in jest. We're not teenagers anymore, after all):

My brother and his family have vacation plans this coming week, so I came back east to help my mom. 

It was a long, long day. The flight was uneventful (save the 18-month old in front of me who screamed bloody murder 80% of the time, but hey, I've been there). My sister-in-law picked me up in great time, I heard about my niece's plans to redecorate her room (and was given a primer on taking care of Hampton the hamster whose name I am mentioning solely so I won't forget it), and had a long chat with Bobby. 

And now it's very, very late and I'm beyond the point of tiredness, so I'm trying to turn in, but not before I express gratitude to my brother for letting me use his house, and to God for a nice, long flight that gave me lots of time to myself and lots of time to reflect and read and listen to music and pray for lots of different things.

No comments:

Post a Comment