Friday, August 28, 2020

August 28

Kristine came over for coffee this morning and we had a nice time chatting, but other than that, today was very ho-hum. I went to the grocery store, prayed, took a nap, worked on my donut puzzle (which is kicking my patootie), ate, and that's about it. 

Then I walked through my kitchen a few minutes ago and saw this.

This is my desk at it currently appears: some old preschool photos, a picture Logan colored, Corvettes, a Car with a Face (as Logan called Pixar Cars), one of a set of our family picture coasters I had made earlier this year, and a cup filled with colorful Sharpie markers. And the sight made me realize a key truth: this life is a good one.

All of these things remind me of people who are important to me, so I get to think of people who make me smile every single time I walk by. So fro that not-small blessing, I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment