Saturday, August 8, 2020

August 8

I began the day in Maryland and am heading off to bed back in California.

After issuing good-byes to Reaya, Brendan, and my mom (Brianna said her farewell last night), Bobby kindly shuttled me to the airport and saw me off at the curb at about 8 this morning. 

When my plane touched down in Oakland about five and a half hours later, Adam met me in front of the terminal with a liquid treat from the Mother Ship waiting for me in the cup holder. (Does he know me or what?!) 

I didn't even make it up the stairs from the garage before Brady and Isaac greeted me with hugs. (Abby greeted me with a "hi" followed by "does Brianna have COVID?" Yeah. That's my sweet germaphobe.)

From there I had a low key afternoon followed by dinner, and then shave ice on the patio. I ventured inside to throw out my cup at one point and saw my people outside the dining room window and the sight made me smile.

It's frustrating living a bicoastal life at times because I can't always be where I'm needed, but as I think I've observed before, it's a blessing to love people in lots of different places -- and a gift to be loved back. 

So for all of that --and for my trip and for being home again-- I'm grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment