Thursday, August 6, 2020

August 6

Today. Today, today. It was a very low-key, mellow day.

I got up later than I want to admit and successfully failed at operating Bobby's coffee maker. (It was tragic. I managed to get it to spit out about half a cuppa joe, but that was it.) I sat with mom for a little while as she ate her omelet and orange slices, and then we watched TV.

Bobby et al returned from their trip at about 1, and that's when I learned that my poor niece wasn't feeling particularly well. She was whisked off to her room and --later on-- to the doctor for a check. Not sure what's going on there yet, but crossing everything and praying that it's just a summer cold. (Oh, and the top picture is me sneaking a pic of camera-avoidant 16-year old Brendan, who was working on the puzzle mom and I started.)

While they all unpacked and relished being home, mom and I went for ice cream (red raspberry with rainbow jimmies for me this time -- good, good, good -- and twist with way too many chocolate jimmies for her), and then over for a socially distanced visit with my grandma (who had told me that I wasn't allowed to leave until I came to see her. The bottom photo actually includes all three of us: if you look hard, you can see grandma through the open window. She's sitting on her golf cart and wearing a green top.) 

Anyway, that's about it for today. Nothing super exciting, but mostly good nonetheless. And I'm always grateful for the good.

No comments:

Post a Comment