Thursday, August 20, 2020

August 20

I had to venture out this afternoon to buy some ant baits (because the 100+ degree heat combined with the disgusting smokey air drove them inside the house. Big facepalm there). It was BOGO day at the Mother Ship, so I swung by with my newly acquired bug killer on the way home and got a pair of treats: one for me and one for the not-short people to share. (A vanilla frapp. I'm not crazy enough to give them caffeine.)

So they sat down together at the kitchen table and contentedly slurped down their thirds of frapp. 

It was a pleasant moment. It was a peaceful moment. And it was a moment that let me forget that I had a bunch of ants to murder.

So for the good times when my kiddos sit together and enjoy each other's company and for tasty distractions, I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment