Monday, August 24, 2020

August 24

I was at the grocery store this afternoon and decided to stop by my old Mother Ship to grab an iced coffee. (I don't make it over there particularly often these days since our new house is just a hop, skip, and a jump from a different one.) One of my favorite baristas --Katie, who is super-duper friendly and positive-- was at the register, so we spent a few minutes chit-chatting before she got to work on my drink.

When I walked to the end of the bar to wait, I saw this, and though I've seen versions of this all over the place over time, it struck me as particularly true and particularly important in the now. We truly never know what someone else is experiencing, so being kind is essential.

Although I generally try to live that way, I was still thankful for the reminder of how truly important it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment