Tuesday, September 1, 2020

September 1

Brady can talk about video games for hours on end. (No exaggeration.) My eyes usually start to glaze over after a few minutes of Mario, Minecraft, and CPUs, but tonight I decided to join him in the living room while he played Mario Kart.

I listened while he talked about the game; about the characters, about why he was choosing to play using Isaac's account rather than his own, about the advantages of certain mystery boxes over others. It was, in a word, overwhelming.

Brady is a talker, so there's a good chance he would've been talking to himself even if I hadn't been there listening, but it was nice to be present and nice to hear him go on and on --even if I didn't understand most of what he was saying-- because I'm just so thankful that he IS.

No comments:

Post a Comment