Wednesday, September 2, 2020

September 2

I was at Walmart this afternoon (glamorous, I know) so I took a trip down the toy car aisle. As luck would have it, an employee was in the midst of unpacking a new box of Hot Wheels, so I watched her for a minute, and then offered to help hang them up. She accepted my offer with a smile (I could tell she was smiling despite the mask) and I kept an eye out for flame jobs and Corvettes --since those were Logan's Thing-- as I worked. I almost never get to see fresh cases because there are guys around here who go around and buy up all of the sought-after cars so they can re-sell them on the secondary market (and in fact, at least two were circling and sending envious looks in my direction -- insert eyeroll here), so I was pleased and genuinely surprised by my good timing. I didn't see anything rare but I did find a new Vette and a few flame jobs, so I left feeling satisfied.

After I left, I looked up the Super Treasure Hunt for that particular case, and was surprised to see that it was one that I'd seen (and bought) in regular form (because they make regular and Super versions of the same cars -- sorry, I know it's kind of confusing) while unpacking the box, and mused that it would be totally hilarious if I'd accidentally bought a Super without noticing what I was doing. But, I reasoned, I'd never do something like that.

Anyway, long story longer, when I got home a bit later, I was shocked when I picked up the car that I'd thought was a regular and discovered that it was indeed a Super Treasure Hunt. A Super with a flame job. And I had no clue that I'd inadvertently --providentially, maybe-- picked it up.

Sometimes it feels like Logan couldn't possibly be any further away, but at other times, it's like he's right here with me, and this was definitely one of those times. And I don't think I could possibly be any more thankful for this sweet, perfect little wink of automotive goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment