Saturday, September 19, 2020

September 19

I miss interacting with friends, so I was happy to meet up with Sherrie at a Mother Ship this morning for some coffee and catch-up time.

At one point during the conversation, I said "as long as Abby has her license by the start of Senior year, I'm good," and then I stopped, legitimately surprised by two things: one was the reality that Abby will be a high school senior in just one year, and the other was the reality that I've known Sherrie for quite a while now. Her daughter is the same age as Abby, and our very first interactions happened in the dance studio, back when our little girls were pink-skirted little ballerinas who held hands as they twirled during that year's recital.

It's incredible to me that time has passed by as quickly as it has, and I'm thankful that she and I are still in touch and still getting together for coffee whenever she can squeeze me in.

No comments:

Post a Comment