Thursday, September 3, 2020

September 3

I flew to Missouri this morning to spend the weekend with Kathy, who is one of my favorite people. It was a blessedly uneventful flight followed by an equally blessedly uneventful Uber ride to her house, where I made kiss-y noises at her dog, who rewarded me with a wet, tongue-y kiss. (I'll be sterilizing my mouth for days.)

Anyway, it was late-ish and she was tired, so we took the dog for a night stroll around the neighborhood, listened to her daughter and her friends act like 12 and 13-year old girls, and drank some beer with Sprite. (Which is probably the only way I will ever drink beer, since I don't care for it all that much on its own.) 

I'm fading surprisingly fast given my night owl tendencies so I'll make this quick, but I do have one thing to say: I really treasure the times when I can just be, just exist, with those I hold close to my heart. No one among us knows how long our days will number, so opportunities to connect --to talk, to laugh, to be real-- are truly golden gifts to me. 

I don't really know exactly what we're going to do this weekend, but today, I am thankful for her and for the chances to be that the hours to come will hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment