Wednesday, September 16, 2020

September 16

I didn't sleep well last night and woke up feeling agitated. I sat in the silence for a little while and asked God to show me the roots of my anxiety, and a few different things --none of which are under my control-- came to mind. So I said a few prayers and got up for the day.

The air quality was actually decent for the first time in weeks, so I headed out to pick up a few things. (And came away with this lovely new Corvette, which was awesome because new Corvettes always make me think of Logan and although the edges can still be sharp now and then, I love things that remind me of him.)

Then Isaac had baseball practice this afternoon, which was also lovely because I got to walk around the Sports Park for the first time in weeks and I got to sit and chit-chat with some of the other boys' moms. I'd missed those things.

So what's my point here? It's this: as the day draws to a close, none of the things I felt anxious over this morning have changed (to the best of my knowledge). But it was a good day nonetheless. Given that the younger version of me could easily have founded Worry Warts Anonymous, present-day me being able to put aside my concerns and enjoy a day is a very big blessing.

1 comment: