Saturday, September 5, 2020

September 5

It was a pretty day, so I spent quite a bit of it outside on Kathy's patio; some by myself, some with her, and some with the pooch.

Here we are. And here I am comforting the passed-out Lexi, who had just survived the traumatic task of having her nails trimmed. (I was the holder. And yes, I wound up covered in tiny dog hairs, which reminded me of why I don't have a dog. Not even a nice kitty-dog like her.)

We also had dinner with Sean and his friend, took a long (mostly) pre-dusk walk around Kirkwood, and watched a movie. (Mostly for Abby's reference: it was 'Feel the Beat' on Netflix.)

It was, all in all, a good day. A pleasant day. A day of some laughter and lots of conversation, and even a blip that paved the way for some long-needed reconciliation. Even though difficult discussions are just that --difficult-- I'm convinced that they're necessary if we want to grow. 

So tonight, I go to bed feeling thankful for conversation, for sweet little dogs who pass out in my lap, and for all of my amazing friends who contribute so much dimension and happiness to my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment