Wednesday, September 23, 2020

September 23

Isaac had baseball practice this afternoon, which was a multi-pronged blessing. For one, it made him happy. (Really happy.) For another, it gave me a chance to hoof it around the Sports Park. For yet another, it provided me the opportunity to chat for a short while with other team moms.

At one point during practice, one of the other moms took note of my sweet number seven standing by second base and asked if he'd grown yet again. I paused, took a long look at him, and mused that was quite possible that he was indeed possessing an increased share of vertical space. (And as a matter of fact, just last night I stopped him in the kitchen and quietly wondered if he'd gotten taller.)

I do so love watching my babies grow. Every day, every joy, every challenge, every frustration... it may not feel like it in the heat of some moments, but they're all blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment