Tuesday, September 22, 2020

September 22

My old friend Elizabeth posted about going on a literal Starbucks Run this morning. Although I don't run, the idea inspired me because my closest Mother Ship is a paltry 1.3 miles away, so I decided to go on my own Starbucks Fast Walk.

I donned my earbuds, put on a song that's spoken to me lately (Chris Tomlin and Lady A's "Who You Are to Me", in case you wondered), and headed out in the early afternoon hours. The air was --thankfully, given recent realities-- clear, and though it was a little on the warm side, I whispered silent prayers of thankfulness for the expansive blue sky overhead and for the view of the hills that lay before me in the distance. And then, when I arrived, for my extremely tasty citrus-mint-whatever-it-was tea over ice.

It was a good, restorative little trek that reminded me that though I've certainly had what sometimes feels like an unjust share of hard times, I am also quite blessed. And I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment