Friday, September 25, 2020

September 25

I found out yesterday that my original Mother Ship is closing for good this weekend. It seems kind of silly to be sad about a Starbucks shuttering its doors since there are at least five of them here in Pleasanton alone, but this one's been special to me. It's where I plunked down in a chair each morning after school drop-offs. It's where I enjoyed hundreds of coffee dates. It's where I did PTA work and where I transcribed interviews and wrote articles during my "I interview celebrities for fun" phase of life. It's where I was the customer of the month earlier this year. As odd as it sounds for someone who never worked there, I did a lot of living there. So today, I popped in to get drinks for myself and Kristine (for her birthing day! Happy first birthday to Lily!) and to say goodbye to whomever was working. And the "whomever" happened to be two of my favorites: Katie and Megan.

These girls are two truly top-notch human beings, and I'm thankful that I got to meet and talk with them during their time as employees at the store. Both were perpetually pleasant, positive, and attentive, and my time there wouldn't have been the same without our morning exchanges and their smiles. 

So this evening, I'm thankful for them, and hopeful that they'll move on to their new stores knowing just how amazing they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment