Monday, September 7, 2020

September 7

We got up this morning, took a walk, prayed for each other, and then I was off to the airport at a little after noon to catch my flight home.

After a long-ish layover in Las Vegas (where I lost $2.95 playing a slot machine, which I'd never done before but promised Kathy I would purely for her amusement), I continued on to Oakland, where Adam was waiting for me with an iced almond milk honey flat white from the Mother Ship. A super sweet welcome indeed. Then when we got home, Isaac and Brady greeted me with hugs (while my ever-so-slightly germ-phobic girl said hello but mostly kept her distance). 

And now I'm settled in to my usual evening spot on the couch in the family room, thinking about what a blessing my trip was and what a blessing it is to return home, too. And my heart is content.

No comments:

Post a Comment